I remembered tasting this cake a few years ago during my aunt’s birthday. I was surprised at how good it was. The amount of sweetness was just right and I personally liked the touch of mangoes on top. So I asked my aunt how to make it. It turned to be really easy to make. The best thing about it is that I don’t need to use an oven (we did not have one back then) and that there are only few ingredients.
These are all you need: graham crackers, condensed milk, and all-purpose cream. For my version, I like to put sliced mangoes on top. I have also tried crushed crackers and sometimes, bananas. You may also try to put any kind of fruit you prefer.
- Mix the cream and milk together. Set aside.
- Simply lay the crackers on the container. (Make sure it is placed evenly because it will serve as your base.)
- Pour the milk-cream mixture on top.
- Place more crackers again, and pour the mixture.
- Arrange some sliced mangoes in-between. (optional)
- Do this continuously until you have used all the crackers and the mixture.
- Finish off with the remaining mangoes (or other fruit) on top of the creamy mixture.
- Put it in the fridge and let it rest for 5-10 hours. However, you may leave it there for as long as you like as well.
And voila! Your cake is done!
It’s as simple as that. There are many variations out there that you may try. But my ultimate favorite would be the mango cake. It is both delicious and healthy, too.